Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's Different: Emosanal Attyachar (Dev D)

I don't know how much Attyachar did Amit Trivedi bear before he came up with this song, but it's something. IT IS SOMETHING.

Tauba Tera Jalwa, Tauba Tera Pyaar,
Tera Emosanal Attyachar.

I won't like to disclose more than these lines from the song as I think it'd be the best if you listen to the song by yourself without me spoiling your entertainment. Yet, keeping everything to myself is difficult, so here is some detail.

As you must have seen by now in the promos (if you have a TV around, I don't, but I did catch them), there are two guys called Patna ke Presley in a song of the movie. When I listened to the track, I was instantly sure that it was the song of the 'Patna ke Presleys'. Reason: The Brass Band.

Yes, The Brass Band used in Indian marriages, is the USP of Emosanal Attyachar. The song has very beautifully mixed Hindi-English lyrics written by Amitabh. (Kudos!) But then, it's The Brass Band that is the Jaan of the song. Even Vishal had written Hindi-English mixed lyrics for Dil Dance Maare in Tashan, and the song became pretty popular too, but that was nowhere near Emosanal Attyachar I feel. The difference is The Brass Band.

I think I've written quite a lot about the Attyachar. Listen to it, hope you like it.



Related Articles by Categories


0 comments: